Gin & Tonic blind taste
1. Fentimans - very nice, but also easily recognised because of different flavour profile.
2. Freeway - somewhat too sweet but otherwise nice - this test's biggest surprise. Bottle bought at Lidl, very cheap brand.
3. San Pellegrino Old Tonic - prominent taste of gin, perhaps too much
4. Schweppes - a bit weak and too much booze coming through
5. Coop Tonic - too bitter, strong citrus flavour
Fever Tree - a bit unbalanced, otherwise ok
Britvic - weird synthetic sweetness
8. Q Tonic - we're puzzled since this is supposed to be a premium brand, but we discovered that this particular bottle had a best-before-date which had passed a while ago.
Conclusion - surprisingly, cheap brands works quite well too - but we definitely need to do this again with a fresh bottle of Q Tonic.
Thanks to Marie Laveau here in Stockholm for providing the Fever Tree samples.