Torani Bacon Syrup


The Torani Bacon syrup has intrigued me ever since I found out about it online, and when I saw it in a grocery store in San Diego I had to buy it. It's got an intense smoky nose which almost reminds me of liquid smoke. I'm going to experiment as long as the bottle lasts, but I decided to begin with the enclosed recipe for Bacon Bourbon Sour:

1 oz Torani Bacon Syrup
1 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
2 oz bourbon (I used Buffalo Trace)
(3 inch bacon strip, garnish)

The recipe suggests serving with ice, but I decided to strain it into a cocktail glass, no garnish or ice.

The outcome is a bit too sweet for my taste, but the smoky bacon flavour comes through nicely and I actually think this syrup has got potential. I wonder what I should try next... maybe the Bacon Old-Fashioned, since my bacon-infused bourbon didn't turn out too well...

Comments

  1. How did the rest of your experiments turn out? I have. Bottle and would like to make some tonight! I'd love to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wouldn't happen to know where the bacon syrup can be bought/ordered from Europe (Sweden)? On Toranis website, you can only order from the States... :-(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts