MILLIONAIRE COCKTAIL (No. 1)

Yesterday evening I decided to try the recipe from THE SAVOY COCKTAIL BOOK, even though Ted Haigh aka Dr. Cocktail suggests some changes in his book VINTAGE SPIRITS AND FORGOTTEN COCKTAILS. It came out a little too sour and weak, so I'll probably go with the updated recipe in the future.

SAVOY COCKTAIL BOOK
The juice of 1 lime (3-4½ cl)
1 dash grenadine (I used home made)
1/3 sloe gin (I used Gordon's)
1/3 apricot brandy (I used De Kuyper)
1/3 jamaica rum (I used Myers's)
Shake well and strain into cocktail glass.

VINTAGE SPIRITS AND FORGOTTEN COCKTAILS
4½ cl Myers's rum
2 cl sloe gin
2 cl apricot brandy
Juice of 1 lime (3-4½ cl)
Shake with ice, strain into cocktail glass and garnish with a lime wedge.

I also found this MILLIONAIRE COCKTAIL recipe, it's completely different but here it is:

COCKTAILS RECEPT (Uno Karlholm & Gösta Svensson, 1936)
1 dash orange bitters
2 dashes grenadine
2 teaspoons curacao
1 egg white
5 cl rye whisky
Shake well with ice, and strain into cocktail glass.

Comments

Popular Posts